Enhanced Living Care
Over the past few years there has been significant advances in the Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) adding to the quality of life for many seniors and disabled. Pendants that can raise an alarm from anywhere in the home by pressing a button which notifies the alarm monitoring center has been the most common platform in the past and has now evolved it’s platform to many additional sensors and features.
The ProComm family of enhanced living products provides additional peace of mind and reassurance by monitoring a wide range of events through the use of wireless sensors. These include detectors for smoke, falls, motion, floods, and temperature extremes to name a few. We also have products that can remind you to take your medication.
A wireless pull cord is also available, providing an additional means of raising an alarm for the times when a pendant may not be worn. Our sensors can be easily added to the units, through the use of plug and play technology, enabling easy installation without the need for specialist knowledge to keep cost of ownership down.
Who Are They For?
Our monitoring units provide numerous benefits for:
- People of any age living alone
- Senior, infirm or disabled people
- Individuals who have been discharged from hospital and require additional support and assistance at home
- People subject to domestic violence, racial harassment, repeat victimization and distraction burglary
Calls are immediately sent to a dedicated 24 hour monitoring center or chosen care provider, who can provide an appropriate response.
Life Safety Features
Building upon the traditional platforms of the past our manufactures provide the highest international standards and Canadian standards for safety and reliability of the devices. The units provide clear speech ensuring the user and monitoring center can communicate easily during alarm calls. The units also provide an extensive and unique set of life safety features including:
- Fully supervised peripherals – both pendants and telecare
- Sensors send regular signals to the base which then reports to the monitoring center if the pendant battery is low or if the pendant is missing.
- Power outage/restored warning – the unit provides
- audible and visual alerts to the user and alerts the monitoring center.
- Telephone disconnected warning – the unit alerts the user when the telephone line is disconnected.
- Low battery warning – the unit provides a warning to the user and calls the monitoring center when its battery is low.
- Battery backup – the unit has a battery that provides 30 hours
- backup in case of power outage.
- Periodic test calls – the unit can be set up to automatically perform test calls at configurable intervals.
- RJ31x (CA38A) line capture – ensures calls are raised every time.
- Up to 120 meter radio range – providing protection for larger homes and gardens using 312MHz frequency.
ProComm has been honored to have been selected by so many care home providers over the years to add many of our technologies such as mentioned above to enhance lifestyle allowing seniors extended opportunities to stay in their home or enhance care in a care facility. Feel free to contact us for more information on how we can assist your living lifestyle today.